An all time favourite among my family and friends, this nutrient-rich Carrot Walnut Raisin cake comes with lot of ingredients such as walnut , many kinds of raisins of green, yellow, and black colour as well as Vitamin-A-riched carrot. If you are thinking of losing weight, think twice before trying this recipe. If you want to impress your family or friends, you have come to the write page. Try it out and let me know how it goes.
Butter 300 g.
sugar 120 g.
Flour 280 g.
baking powder 1 teaspoon
carrot 280 g. ( grated)
walnut 100 g. ( pound coarsely )
Raisins 100 g.
1. Cream butter and sugar till creamy
2. Add in egg one by one and keep on beating
3. Stop beating and fold in flour and baking powder lightly.
4. Lastly add in grated carrot, walnut and raisins. Mix well.
5. Bake in an oven of 180°C for 50 minutes.
6. Poke a chopstick into the middle of the cake, if no mixture sticks to the stick, the cake is cooked and ready to be served.
7. Leave the cake in the baking tin in room temperature for 10 minutes, then remove the cake from the cake tin. (This will maintain the cake structure.)
8. Serve best with tea or coffee during afternoon tea break.